Saturday, September 12, 2009
Ok,
It has been since June 17 that I updated last, a while I know. Lots has happened since I updated Last. I will start with what I talked about last. Robin had her baby. It was a baby girl named Wanetta Marie Johnston. She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. Since her tiny little life emerged July 10, 2009, they have since discovered she has Cystic Fibrosis. Turns out that Robin and Travis are both carriers of the disease and baby Wanetta has it. They are doing the genetic mapping tests now to find out the severity of it.

On to what has, at times taken my sanity. My mother became ill with some wounds in her groin area around the last part of june. She went into the hospital down in florida on July 3, 2009. She quickly slipped into a coma and went into multiple organ failure because of internal infection. She became septic and quite a few of her organs shut down. We also learned at this time that she was a diabetic and was not taking care of it and had not told anyone. Her blood sugar upon admittance was 951. How she was still concious that day i will never understand.

Anyway, they had to do several several surgical removals called debridments of the dead tissue around the sores. Eventually the size of the hole was 12 inches by 13 inches by 5 inches deep and it wasnt slowing down. At this point they said she has atleast 2 more surgeries to get it all and that is not a guarantee. She had been on life support for a month now. They said that what could happen is the infection could travel up her spinal cord and get into her brain and she would be brain dead.

She was in excruciating pain. She could not communicate but they could tell she was hurting. Jim (her husband) went in one day and even though she was in a coma, she was crying. That was enough for him and they decided that after the major surgery that made that big hole, that if that wasnt it, they were going to remove her from life support.

It was the morning of august 1, 2009 at about 11 am central time when they removed her from life support and made her comfortable. We all thought it would be rather quick and sudden that she would pass but it wasnt. She held on for near 16 hours before she slipped silently into sleep and passed. That was the morning of August 2, 2009. She was 46 years old.

Never in my whole entire life did I think that I would loose my mother at this age. I know that everyone has to die, but did it have to be her and at this point in her life? I loved her with all my heart and I kick myself daily for not calling her a hundred times a day and telling her that. I feel now as if I missed so many opportunities to spend time with her and love her like i should of and I didnt. I am here to tell you now that you should never ever take any loved ones for granted because you never know when they will be gone. They may live what seems like forever and then maybe not. 46 is a young age to pass and it is not fair but remember to love all of your loved ones more than you think you should because there will come a day when you cant do that!

I LOVE YOU MOM!

Labels: , ,

posted by Amanda at 10:53 AM |

0 Comments: