Saturday, July 5, 2008
I know I had a great time this 4th and I am hoping you all did as well! I spent the holiday at my aunt and uncles in Meriden. We got my grandma out of the hospital for a little while so that she could come up and see some of the fireworks. We all had grilled hot dogs, chips, dip, beans, potato and pasta salad and brownies. My brother invited his RC car buddy Lenny, his wife Marilyn and thier son Kyler. They all had a blast. My grandma left about 7 or 7:30. We all sat in the driveway watching the kids shoot off the little things. The smoke bombs, little roosters, snakes, snappers, those parachute guys, and the big hit was the race car rocket thing. All of the kids loved that. Once it got darker they started more on the sparklers and smaller fountain displays. Then after that All of the big kid fireworks got to go off. We had a whole bunch of mortar shells that they were setting off this year. I dont know how many we had but there were 14 tubes burried in the hill and there were still 6 more at my house! So I have taken some pictures of some of the large stuff and a couple of my cousin alyssa. I didnt have a real camera so all of these are off of my phone. The ones at the bottom are from the lake shawnee fireworks display. I did not go but I thought i would include them because it is such a hit here in town.

This is my cousin Alyssa and her Dad, my uncle
Frank. She is getting about her hundredth
round of sparkler lit.

Here she is playing with the 101st sparkler!

These are some of the large ones we did!

This one is really pretty. The 2 larger
flashes to the right were 2 of the mortar
shells going off at the same time i snapped
the picture.


These were really pretty. They were sort
of a purple color.


I think this was sort of durring our whole
"show finale". My Dad and his brothers
were pretty proud!


This one turned out kind of cool because
it is one of the few that I actually got
centered in the camera.


And this is absolutely my favorite one. I love
how well it turned out and how clean and
crisp the image is. Those are the purple ones
that I was talking about earlier.


LOL, kind of a little one big one bang!


This is one of the more colorful ones and
was a part of the end or Finale.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All of the following fireworks images were
from the Lake Shawnee show that I did not
go to, but because I love images like this, I
had to post it.










I hope you liked all of the photos. Those are all I have. I hope that you had a wonderful night as well and a happy independence day to you all!

Labels: , , , , ,

posted by Amanda at 11:58 AM |

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2008 at 6:31 PM, Blogger Renee said........
pretty fireworks! we just did our own in the street but we had a great time cuz josh was home for 2 whole days :) If you go to my blog you can see him and his girlfriend and also him in his cammies.