Monday, June 23, 2008
Hello everyone,

Today I am posting about my mom. Those of you who dont know me well may not know about my moms kidney problems. She has cystine kidney stones in both of her kidneys. She has already had 3 or 4 operations on her right kidney and is now starting with the left kidney. She is now on her way to Tuscon Arizona to have her first surgery on her left kidney tomorrow. There will more than likely be more than one surgery on the left kidney but we are hoping for only one. She posted this this morning:

"Well today (6/23/08) we are off to Tucson. SIGGHHHHHH. I have my surgery on 6/24/08 - I have to be there at 630am. They will insert a guide wire through my back and into my kidney. That is for the urologist which is the surgeon. They can then go down over the guide wire and go directly to my kidney and do their work. I'm hoping and praying that they will be able to get most of the stones out, but, I have to keep in the back of my mind that - that might not happen either. When I awake I will have a catheter coming out of my back - it is like a regular catheter, but it comes out of my back. They will leave this in, so in 2 weeks I'll go back again and do this all over again, until they get all these babies out of there. All through this I will be homebound and have a RN come into my house 2-3 a week and a bath lady also, she'll come 2-3 week also. I can't take a shower or bath, so she assists me getting cleaned up. I can't wash around the area, so she does it. But with the weather being like it is right now, I'm going to have to do something, cuz you HAVE to take a shower everyday cuz it is so hot. We have been averaging 115 degrees everyday for over a week now and there is no break coming either. Being at home all the time is very depressing but with all the support that I have it's ok. You get to missing going out and doing stuff, even if it is a ride in the car. (just try to ride in a car with a tube coming out of your back, believe me, it's hard) Last time, when we were coming home I leaned over and laid my head on the dashboard that is the most comfortable spot I could find. But the weather was way different then. Right now if I would do that I would be BEET red, cuz of the heat. So we'll see what will happen when I get home. So anyway, please think of me on Tuesday as I am very nervous.

Pray for me too please!

I love each and everyone of you.............take care and I'll keep you updated. Hopefully when I get on my feet I'll be able to come on and see what everyone has been up to.



XOXO-------Ellen"


Everyone please keep her in mind tomorrow as she will be very nervous and anxious about the surgery. Mom you know I love you and will be there for you if you need it. Keep your head up and remember we all love you!



Love always,
Your Kansas family
Amanda, Alicia, Chris and Buddie Gump
posted by Amanda at 12:31 PM |

0 Comments: